08 March 2010

Introductions

I have opened an online store at Dawanda (English Here). What am I selling? Well firstly, go look and see! No really, about two years ago, I was admiring this darling rag doll that my friend Cara had made for her daughter. I loved that rag doll and wanted one for Georgia more than anything, and was trying to convince Cara to sell them. I couldn't convince her, I eventually had to figure out how to make them myself...

That's where we are now headed. I not only figured it out, I thought it was fun. I actually think most sew-related things are fun, but seriously, how much fun is it to turn a length of muslin into a doll? Too much. So I made some more. The first went to a friend's daughter when her little brother was born, the second went to Georgia. Those two were not dyed and had minimal painting so that they were toddler-safer... both of those dolls were however, only practice for what was supposed to be the biggest Christmas present surprise of the year: a rag doll for Grandma, who has been collecting them for years. Well, as some of you know, Georgia ruined the surprise shortly before Christmas vacation started by excitedly telling Grandma all about the dolly that Mommy was making her...

While making Grandma's doll, I decided to get in over my head and make little mini rags for a group of friends. Those appear to have gone over well, despite many mistakes in the production and they said: sell them.

So here I am, three months later with exactly five finished dolls for sale. Would you like to meet them?
Lucy Love & Penelope Peace

Lucy Love & Penelope Peace

I can actually take no credit what-so-ever for these two. The pattern is from De Powell and the outfits, hair and names were requests from Stacy for her niece. They are a birthday present. I am starting out with them, because it was Stacy's request that finally got me started on the whole project. Although these two dolls are already spoken for, they are a perfect example of what can be done with an old-fashioned rag doll!



Mary Anne

Mary Anne is 21 inches of soft fun. She was the last doll I finished because I was intimidated by her sheer size, but once she was finished, she won my heart over 100% and I'm actually a little sad about selling her. I hope someone loves her as much as I do!



These two little darlings were originally meant to be brother and sister, but I soon realized that I didn't have any boy clothes, so that will have to come later!


Laura Anne

modeled after Little House on the Prairie, except I didn't make her pinafore because I didn't want to cover up her dress. Check out those boots!

Sara Ann

Love those curly red locks!


I hope to add more dolls to the shop (I have two more in the works) soon and even start designing my own...big breath, I can do it! Enjoy. Browse a little, let me know if you think of anything else you'd like to see. I am taking personalized orders at this point as well!
(All dolls were made from patterns by De Powell)

No comments:

Post a Comment